Although the need for office space will always exist, hot- desking has become a trendy alternative to sqeezing employees into one office or resorting to the boring cubicle styled workstations. It might not be the ideal solution for a lot of companies, but it is the perfect answer to the part time staff conundrum. Businesses that have a lot of staff out of the office most of the time usually benefit from this business arrangement. Sales staff who are out on the road for a large portion of the day, are the perfect hot- desking candidates.
- Don’t mark your territory
- Keep the space clean and hygienic
- Come prepared (don’t leave paper, pens etc behind and expect them to be there when you return)
- Try to stick to your scheduled time so that the process continuously runs smoothly
- Managers need to check in with staff on an on- going basis
- Have monthly staff meetings so that hot- desking staff do not feel too disconnected from one another and the business